Wednesday, October 12 – All Association of Professional Accounting Student (APAcS) committee and a group of students of UiTM from law, accounting, education and mass communication are invited to join the conference organize by UiTM and Perdana Leadership Foundation which is founder by Tun Dr. Mahathir. The conference also by many NGOs , universities and other countries as well. This conference is totally sponsored by Proton.
This program start at 9.30am however we managed to arrived there by 8.20am. We have our breakfast there. The conference starts with Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad and followed by Professor Shamsul A.B., Mr Alvin Goh (YTL), Dr. Chandra Muzaffar and Dr. K.J. John. The conference will discuss about “Bangsa Malaysia” which is consists of Malay, Chinese, Indian and other minority. We also talked about “Artikel 153” and National Economy Policy (NEP) which is more likely talk about Malay privileges. We divided into 6 groups and discuss about “Bangsa Malaysia”. We are giving about 1hour to discuss. After we discuss our group leader will present in front of the guests and participants. The presentation will be documented. The conference is end around 6.00pm.
This is an extent of a few questions highlighted during the conference to understanding the concept of “Bangsa Malaysia”:
1) The meaning of the concept clear to all Malaysian or does the notion mean different things to different people, thus necessitating further debate on the issue.
2) Is “Bangsa Malaysia” the much solution to problem of national unity in Malaysia?
3) To what extent does the concept of Bangsa Malaysia correlate to the requirements and features of a modern nation state?
4) Are the existing social and political structures of the country conducive for attainment of Bangsa Malaysia?
5) What are the major obstacles on the road to releasing a “Bangsa Malaysia” for the country?